Tuesday, January 17, 2012

He is driving me crazy..

So yay! My Cultural Diversity class is canceled today. Great news, yes I am a lazy student and could not imagine driving out in the cold and ice tonight. Class doesn't get out until 9pm. On the other hand, I am cooped up with my boyfriend who has the next two days off. He committed to the 3 day juice feast which was SUPPOSED to start yesterday but yes he is a butthead. And today I have made all the juices, cleaned the kitchen several times while he sits on his butt playing his games. And HE'S WHINING!!
So last night I made the kids some "green mashed tatoes." I may have had a cup of it. SO freaking delicious. I don't have exact measurements and I wish I would have gotten a pic but roughly it was:

  • yukon potatoes
  • -Coconut kefir
  •  Coconut milk
  • Coconut oil (hmmm theme here)
  • Pink Himalayan salt
  • Onion Powder
  • Spinach
It was a winner for the kids. Then I felt like baking (weird, right?) and had some bananas that were fast approaching well done so I threw together a what I had in the kitchen and ended up with some banging banana muffins. Once again I didn't measure but it roughly included:
  • White flour
  • Powdered sugar
  • Baking soda
  • Pink Himalayan salt
  • Apple cider vinegar
  • Mashed banana
  • Coconut oil
  • Vanilla extract
  • Vegan shortening- tiny touch
Definitely not the healthiest little muffin and I want to try out healthier flours but it was what I had. I kid you not, they were melt in your mouth muffins.

I woke up this morning really dragging though and felt excited at the thought of Juices: Day 1 (cue dramatic music)

I have had oodles of Kyo-green powder mixed with lemon water, I think it helps with sugar cravings. I've had some spirulina and my daily vitamins. So far I have consumed (in juice form):
  • 3 pears
  • Half a head of swiss chard
  • 3 large cucumbers
  • 3 large red apples
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 1lb of carrots
  • 3 lemons
  • 1/2 cup parsley
  • 1 1/2 head celery
Here is an interesting (frustrating) video that was shared on FB:

No comments:

Post a Comment