Saturday, June 23, 2012

Start of summer quarter..

It goes like this:  it may have been full of poop but it went darn well. The poop is referring to my handsome and precocious 16 month old starting off my first day of practicum by pooping in the bathtub while I was trying to get ready and then a few days later, finger painting with the contents of his diaper onto my kitchen floor. This is new behavior for me, Jacob never messed with his poo. We are going to buy him his own potty chair SOON! Very soon.

I feel really good and anxious about this quarter as I started my practicum. I'm nervous but not too nervous as I do have some experience in this field. I just really feel I've lost a lot of brain cells while I've been off work these last few years but I will fake it til I make it, or just keep faking it really good.

My Tuesday night class is looking to be a royal pain in the rear (ok ok just because there is a presentation). So I will be working at my practicum site from 8-4:30 every Tuesday then trekking over to UWT for class from 6:30-9. I like that I have a bit of a gap in between to force me to do some reading.

Meeee
Then I have practicum seminar 3 more times for 2 hours and more trainings for the Child Welfare Training and Advancement Program (CWTAP) on 2 Wednesdays. It really isn't that bad. I can so do this.


I've been keeping (loosely) a food journal which has morphed into a ranting unloading journal of everyday stresses and what not. Its quite cathartic. As of the other day I was down to 128lbs (15 more to go). But I made spaghetti for the kiddos last night and consumed at least 3 lbs of carbs plus we made homemade vegan banana muffins.


No sugar added stab at yummy muffins:
-2 ripe bananas blended with canned coconut milk
-Whole wheat pastry flour
-Baking soda
-Baking powder
-Applesauce


Yup that was it and now that I look at it, I realize I forgot the Apple Cider Vinegar DOH! I baked them up with vegan dark choc chips in the center. It really wasn't a sweet muffin but the kids DEVOURED THEM. Ollie had a great idea and he slathered on some PB and it was a meal. They had it this morning for breakfast along with a spirulina smoothie. Gosh I love my kiddos. 


My next blog entry will be more about my eats. I'd like to end with this fabulous quotes that was on one of the article's I have to read for Tuesday nights class:


" We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time."
-T.S. Eliot


Oh and some random pics of our life

Gorgeous Hanna

Jakers and his corn on the cob

Ollie the squirrel whisperer

morning cuddles with daddy

The poo monster himself

No comments:

Post a Comment