Wednesday, June 13, 2012

He who controls the Spice, controls the universe!

Sorry about the cheesy quote. I just had Dune on my brain. I'm a huge huge fan. However, I've been trying to plug away at Sisterhood of Dune and I'm pretty bored with it. What a bummer.

On to other things:

My eats:

  • Lemon water
  • Smoothie: Vanilla soymilk, frozen strawberries, banana, cinnamon, chia seeds, baby kale, and stevia
  • Crockpot curried red lentils served over raw chopped celery
  • 2 packs of guacamole (soo good, from Costco) with peach/mango salsa and some whole wheat tortilla chips
Tomorrow I am going to aim for ONLY smoothies. Fingers, toes, eyes, everything crossed. 

I came across this wonderful article by Gena of Choosing Raw.  I love her straightforward common sense approach to veganism. If you know me, you know I'm constantly struggling/striving to find the perfect balance and harmony for myself and my family. If you know me, you also know I have my side of the family as real sticklers for "meat eating as healthy." I could go on this long winded post about how tough it can be, especially when it comes to my kiddos. In a perfect world, eating vegan would be perfectly normal and desirable. I find it VERY desirable but not normal as I'm always having to make concessions or cause upset around my sisters and parents. But I digress, I don't have that much time for a valid enough of a blog post. I have a very cranky lil guy wanting my attention.

Here is the little plum guy:

Hope everyone has a great night. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment