Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wow time flew by!

A lot has happened this past month, we moved out into our own place! WOO HOO! Sweet beans. I have been negligent towards this blog but we just got wi-fi up so I can use my trusty ole laptop. A little recap on this past month: My eating while not 100% perfect (as usual but I'm ok with that) has been on the whole pretty darn good. Exercise, what's that? Unless you count moving and breastfeeding all day, that's pretty much it for now. I've been really struggling with a statistics class and I have to pass it in order to start my MSW in September. I also have a huge interview tomorrow at 10am for the CWTAP (child welfare training advancement program). Fingers, toes, eyes and anything else crossable crossed. Connor continues to grow big and strong and even more superduper cute and cuddly.


I just finished watching the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Great film. I joined their site and while it isn't recommended to juice feast (or reboot according to them) while breastfeeding, I am going to do a combo of juices and smoothies. The cost of juice feasting is out of my budget. I can stretch smoothies much farther. There won't be much of a detox for me as we drink juices and smoothies daily. I've found that I can buy a lot of organic carrots from Costco for 12 bucks and that makes about 2 juices a day for 6 days. Not bad! But I'm not a big fan of the sweet juices. I like em mean and green! We've been getting celery and cukes from Costco and haven't shopped at Fred Meyers because it is just so expensive. So I haven't been getting my KALE and I dearly miss it. I am going to have to go pick up some ginger though, that is another staple that is cheap and goes a along way. I am learning how to get the most bang for our buck. We have a lot of mouths to feed, we just had Hanna and Ollie for a whole week. I spent 150bucks at Costco and within one week, it was all gone.
One of the obstacles I face particularly when I try to just stock healthy food in the house is Oliver complains that there isn't enough food and is hungry all the time. He even *gasps* wants me to buy meat for the house and I'm just flat out refusing to. I did however pick him up Dr. Praegers Veggie Burgers from Costco. If you haven't tried them, I highly recommend them. Very very tasty. Ok I'm just rambling now. Connor is blissfully napping and I'm sitting here staring at my stats homework. I'm really at a loss. I've read and reread and watched all the tutorials and my brain refuses to grasp it.
So to wrap this up, I am going to get back to blogging everyday. Connor is getting older and really noticing our food and I want to send him the right message.

No comments:

Post a Comment